Traditional pancakes with a twist.
Shredding the apple makes this breakfast fruity and delicious.
2/3 cup pancake mix
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground ginger
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 Tbsp vegetable oil
2 Tbsp water
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 apple, shredded
1. Combine the pancake mix, cinnamin and ginger in a mixing bowl.
2. In a separate bowl whisk together the egg, buttermilk, oil, water and vanilla.
3. Add to the pancake mix and mix everything together.
4. Fold in the shredded apple reserving any juices and 1 tsp of the shredded apple.
Then…make the Syrup for the pancakes.
Apple Flavored Syrup
1 1/2 cups maple syrup
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp shredded apple
1. In a small sauce pan add the reserved apple juices, reserved shredded apple, and the lemon juice. Let stand together for 2 minutes.
2. Add the maple syrup and bring to a boil for 1 minute.
3. Cover and keep warm until pancakes are ready to serve.
Next finish the pancakes
1. Set a non stick skillet or griddle over medium heat and spray the pan with cooking spray.
2. Place 1/4 cupfuls in the skillet or griddle and cook for approximately 2 minutes, or until bubbles appear and the sides are slightly stiff.
3. Flip the pancakes once and cook for an additional 2 minutes or until fluffy.
4. Serve with the apple flavored syrup.